Question

FeatureReader transformer and AGOL attachments

• 21 February 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I have been successfully using the AGOL reader to download attachments, but would now like to use the FeatureReader transformer instead so I can feed in an SQL query (created earlier in the workbench) into the WHERE Clause, so it only reads new attachments. But there doesn't appear to be an 'include attachments' option like an a normal reader?

Any ideas if it is possible to get attachments when using a FeatureReader transformer?

Thanks

4 replies

Badge +16

Maybe a case for using WorkspaceRunner

Badge
Hi @n543, can you share your workspace or details on how you download attachments from AGOL? I am currently trying to do this and have got so far as exposing the attributes and file names but cannot seem to download the actual images.

Thanks in advance!

Badge +7
Hi @n543, can you share your workspace or details on how you download attachments from AGOL? I am currently trying to do this and have got so far as exposing the attributes and file names but cannot seem to download the actual images.

Thanks in advance!

@connor27 did you ever get this workflow working? I am now looking to simply download AGOL attachments and dump them in a Windows Folder with an attribute as the <FILENAME>.jpg

Badge

@connor27 did you ever get this workflow working? I am now looking to simply download AGOL attachments and dump them in a Windows Folder with an attribute as the <FILENAME>.jpg

Hi @benvk, Yes I did (Eventually). It may not be the easiest or correct way of doing things but it worked. When you read in your AGOL data, ensure that Include attachments = "Yes" and expose all the attachment related attributes. You can then route your features to the "AttributeFileWriter". I've screenshot the parameters. In target Filename $(Output_Folder)is the published parameter of where i saved my attachments, @Value(arcgisonline_attachment{0}.id) is just a unique ID given by AGOL, @Value(Asset_ID_N) is the ID of the asset my team were taking photos of so probably not relevant to you and @Value(arcgisonline_attachment{0}.name) is just what the team had named the image. I needed to create an AttributeFileWriter for each of my attachments, so i typically had up to 50 so had to create 50 of them, increasing the number in the brackets {} by one every time.