Question

FME Packages not installing

• 12 November 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi

In previous version of FME Desktop, we could install packages, but after updating to 2019.1.3 and 2019.2, it seems to fail. I am not sure if any new updates to OS or security hardening could have an impact

I am logged in as an adminstrator

Failed to install web service 'C:\\Users\\adm-rudvog\\AppData\\Roaming\\Safe Software\\FME\\Packages\\19801-win64\\PackageFiles\\safe.socrata\\web_services\\Socrata.xml'. Reason: SQL Query BEGIN IMMEDIATE failed. Error: attempt to write a readonly database

2 replies

The package install does not work if the share datapath, are write protected. Our network shared location are read-only to prevent user messing up the database and web connections (as you always get a few tinkerers)

For me the FME Desktop shared settings / parameters, should go into a database, which an administrator can update or deployed for Desktop / Server.

I think the package concept are great, but currently deployment not so great.

Badge

Hi @rudy_v,

Can you confirm that this is indeed still working in 2019.1.3 and failing in 2019.2? Or does it fail in both builds now?

Is 'C:\\Users\\adm-rudvog\\AppData\\Roaming\\Safe Software\\' the shared datapath you are referring to?

The DB & Web Connections can be stored in a custom location already which should allow you to store them in read-only share independently of the FME Packages:

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Workbench/Workbench/options_default_paths.htm

If you feel like separating the location for FME Packages by providing a custom path for them would solve this issue on your side I recommend an Idea with a detailed scenario.

This would allow other users to add their votes and requirements to this suggestion.

Thanks