Question

Are there efforts underway to support fields of type 'Lookup' in Microsoft SharePoint List Reader in a future FME Desktop Version?

Badge

We are using following FME product:

FME(R) 2016.0.1.1 (20160224 - Build 16177 - WIN32)

We noticed that fields of type 'Lookup' are not supported. We get following error:

Microsoft SharePoint List Reader: The Field 'Gemeinde' of type 'Lookup' is currently not supported and will be excluded from the feature schema.

Are there efforts underway to support fields of type 'Lookup' in Microsoft SharePoint List Reader in a future FME Desktop Version? Or is there a know workaround solving this problem?

8 replies

Hello @ralphschulersz

Good question. Yes, there are efforts underway. I can't guarantee anything, but the target date for that functionality is FME2017. I will add your information to that enhancement request (fyi it's PR#55138) and increase the priority to help ensure it stays targeted for that release.

I hope that helps to answer your question. I'm afraid I don't know of a workaround. You could always contact our support team (safe.com/support) and someone there might know of a way.

Regards

Mark

Badge

Hello @mark2catsafe

Thank you. This is great news! Meanwhile we will try to manage this issue otherwise.

Regards

Ralph

Hello @ralphschulersz

Good question. Yes, there are efforts underway. I can't guarantee anything, but the target date for that functionality is FME2017. I will add your information to that enhancement request (fyi it's PR#55138) and increase the priority to help ensure it stays targeted for that release.

I hope that helps to answer your question. I'm afraid I don't know of a workaround. You could always contact our support team (safe.com/support) and someone there might know of a way.

Regards

Mark

Hi Ralph, have there been any developments towards supporting Lookup fields on the SharePoint list reader? We are trialling FME 2017 beta and the reader appears unchanged. There are no updates in the changelog.

Badge
Hi Ralph, have there been any developments towards supporting Lookup fields on the SharePoint list reader? We are trialling FME 2017 beta and the reader appears unchanged. There are no updates in the changelog.

Hi aoulton. I don't know. @mark2catsafe: What about the this enhancement request?

Badge +1

Hello. Are there any plans to squeeze this into FME 2017? I am using lookups alot in sharepoint and would be v useful. Current workaround is reading excel linked to the list, which isnt ideal. Owen

Badge +2

Hi @ralphschulersz @aoulton @owen,

I've turned this into an Idea posting, that way we can keep track of votes to help gauge people's interest: https://knowledge.safe.com/idea/52530/support-sharepoint-lookup-fields.html

This item is still on our to-do list. Unfortunately, in the previous release, this got pushed in favor of other higher priority items. Could you please add your votes to that idea to help us plan future releases? Thank you!

Any news regarding this enhancement? I still get the same lack of function in 2018 beta

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Any news regarding this enhancement? I still get the same lack of function in 2018 beta

Hi @franciscobjornl No news yet - we will announce the addition of the lookup field type via https://knowledge.safe.com/idea/52530/support-sharepoint-lookup-fields.html when it's been added to an FME beta