Question

Data loss converting GML to 3dtiles

• 8 February 2019
  • 3 replies

i tried converting GML to 3dtiles using fme workbench 2018.The conversion was successful.But there was a data loss in the resultant 3d tiles.I have level of detail values in the gml data.But there are no level of details in the converted 3d tiles.Why they are absent in the tileset.

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi @san,

As mentioned in the Cesium 3d Tiles Feature Representation doc, the cesium_priority attribute can be used to control the level of detail. This attribute allows you to change the relative placement of features within the tile hierarchy.

Features with a higher priority value will be closer to the top of the tree, meaning they will be rendered from higher zoom levels than features with a lower value. The value of this attribute can be any numeric value. If a feature has no priority value, it will be assigned a value of 0.

Since your GML data already has a level of detail value, you could set the value of the cesium_priority attribute to the value of the GML attribute that contains the LOD value(s). Alternatively, you could use an AttributeValueMapper to map GML LOD attribute values to the desired cesium priority.

Hope this helps.

Hi @san,

As mentioned in the Cesium 3d Tiles Feature Representation doc, the cesium_priority attribute can be used to control the level of detail. This attribute allows you to change the relative placement of features within the tile hierarchy.

Features with a higher priority value will be closer to the top of the tree, meaning they will be rendered from higher zoom levels than features with a lower value. The value of this attribute can be any numeric value. If a feature has no priority value, it will be assigned a value of 0.

Since your GML data already has a level of detail value, you could set the value of the cesium_priority attribute to the value of the GML attribute that contains the LOD value(s). Alternatively, you could use an AttributeValueMapper to map GML LOD attribute values to the desired cesium priority.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply Chris.I tried what you have said.But even though i got the level of detail value undefined.Can u share me any share me any screenshot or the workspace how you are doing it.

Badge +16

Hi,

According to the link supplied by @ChrisAtSafe, you can provide a numeric value to the cesium_priority attribute, to define the priority or map the corresponding GML attribute to the cesium_priority attribute.

Hope this helps,

Itay