Solved

Get FME Server URL based on something...

• 1 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +9

I have a "master" workspace that runs other child workspaces via the FMEServerJobSubmitter. I am able to migrate the workspace between development and production FME environment because the account to access the child workspaces exists on all environment. The issue is when I try to get the results of the child workspaces via the HTTPCaller. I am hard-coding in the REST url. I can't migrate between environment unless I change the URL parameter for each environment (migrating involves creating a project, and export it out of one environment and importing into another). Just wondering if there's a way for each environment to build the URL based on something it can get while on that environment? Thanks!

The web connection would have the server host name. Anyway to get that info after the FMEServerJobSubitter maybe?

icon

Best answer by david_r 1 February 2019, 18:16

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4

I usually base my URL off FME_SERVER_HOST and FME_SERVER_PORT:

The values are automatically populated when your workspace is running on FME Server.

Badge +9

found this and upvoted it. https://knowledge.safe.com/content/idea/73963/expose-fme-server-host-name-in-fmeserverjobsubmitt.html

Badge +9

I usually base my URL off FME_SERVER_HOST and FME_SERVER_PORT:

The values are automatically populated when your workspace is running on FME Server.

Thanks @david_r. I did not know that. Very cool.