Question

Add pause to a workspace

• 8 October 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge +4
Hi,

I’m running a workspace runner in server which is queuing a large number of DWG files.

For each of the DWG’s, the child workspace is writing a large amount of information to a SQLITE3 file.

The write fails about 60% of the time because the SQLITE3 file is locked.

If I run this against individual file(s) using the child wokspace the SQLITE3 file is populates as expected.

Is it possible that the information is being pushed faster than the SQLITE3 file can write it; I’ve seen this behavior with numerous other writers, (CSV, SPATIALITE, and XLS) as well.

I have worked with the Transaction interval param but this has not helped.

Is it possible to add a pause at the end of the workspace to give the writer enough time to commit the inserts?

I’ve tried SystemCaller using a TIMEOUT or SLEEP command to no avail.

I’ve tried SystemCaller calling a BAT file with a DIR command to keep is busy but it appears the SystemCaller is being run before the writer workflow.

Any ideas would be appreciated,

Brek

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi

Have you looked at the Decelerator transformer?

David
How about using a python caller function that tries to open the sqlite db and execute a simple dummy write in a loop. Keep trying until your write succeeds, once that happens you know the db is no longer locked.  Then close the db and return from the function.