Question

draw lines between points

• 30 March 2016
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi

I have to draw lines between two points with different attributes. They have a common number but in another field.

All point have to be connected with a line to the network

I have already made a table with the coordinates of the beginpoint and the endpoint in the same record.

As the endresult i have to become lines with a unique Id and the attributes of the point where the ID starts with HP_.

Can sombody help me please?

Thx!

Nathalie

5 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

Unable to understand the requirement. Is it possible to explain with screenshots and provide sample data?

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @nath, since you already have a table containing coordinates of two points per a record, you can read the table and then create line segments for each record using two VertexCreators in a series.

1. Create the beginning point with the 1st VertexCreator.
  2. Add the ending point with the 2nd VertexCreator (Mode: Add Point).

Regarding ID, I think you can use the StringConcatenator or AttributeCreator to concatenate multiple strings including literals and attribute values.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

zcartografiewerkmappenaalstnathalie2016knipsel.jpg zcartografiewerkmappenaalstnathalie2016knipsel2.jpgIn this example there needs to be al line between HP_341 and 110799444759_1

Badge +2

Hi,

If you do not receive with the method of @takashi suggested then add geometryremover before vertexcreator and recreate the line.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

It works! :-)

Thanks