Question

FME Plugin for Revit - 2019

• 28 June 2018
  • 4 replies

We just upgraded our AutoDesk products to 2019. Is there an FME plugin for Revit 2019...or will the 2018 plugin work with Revit 2019?

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @mike_robertson,

I'm sorry, but we haven't tested the plugin in Revit 2019 yet. However, the Revit reader will read IFC files as well as RVZ, so you can use Revit's IFC export in lieu of the FME plugin.

Hi @mike_robertson,

I'm sorry, but we haven't tested the plugin in Revit 2019 yet. However, the Revit reader will read IFC files as well as RVZ, so you can use Revit's IFC export in lieu of the FME plugin.

When can we expect for Revit 2019 plugin release.??

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

FME2019 introduces native reading for Revit, i.e. FME will be able to read rvt files. So I'm not sure there will be a new plugin, because there's no longer a need to export from Revit in a special format. Look for the new format in the FME2019 release (in fact it's already in the beta versions).

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

The team here believes that if you use the IFC export in Revit 2019, and take that and point the Revit RVZ reader that was in FME 2018 at the IFC file (instead of a .rvz file) everything will work and you will get the same answers as if you did the FME Exporter.

@mauryajeev -- Can you give that a try and let us know. We'll update our docs to that effect. If it does work just as well, as we believe, then we'd retire the FME Exporter...but we'd love to know if this would cause you an issue that we're not aware of.