Question

Raster mosaic

• 16 March 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello,

I have multiple ECW files and I want to make one raster made of all those images. Those imagery that I have are 16-bit and 4 band. I would need my result to be in 3 band and 8-bit and I would like to write it in BigTIFF format. I am not currently doing this project, I will need to finish this in few days and I was wondering if it is possible in FME.

I found this article and this one and I am not sure how to finish all these things in FME and if it is even possible.

Thank you all in advance for every kind of help.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Yes, it's possible.

One ECW reader to read all your ECW's (you can set that to read all ECW's in a single folder), then a RasterInterpretationCoercer to set them to RGB24 and a RasterMosaicker to mosaic them. Write out to a GeoTiff writer and you're done. Do make sure to check the parameters on the output feature type, that's where you specify the BigTIFF support and I think it defaults to no.

I'm using a GeoTiff reader as input because I don't have ECW's on this machine but the process remains the same.

And this is where you'll find that BigTIFF setting.

Badge

Yes, it's possible.

One ECW reader to read all your ECW's (you can set that to read all ECW's in a single folder), then a RasterInterpretationCoercer to set them to RGB24 and a RasterMosaicker to mosaic them. Write out to a GeoTiff writer and you're done. Do make sure to check the parameters on the output feature type, that's where you specify the BigTIFF support and I think it defaults to no.

I'm using a GeoTiff reader as input because I don't have ECW's on this machine but the process remains the same.

And this is where you'll find that BigTIFF setting.

Thank You a lot. I just need to ask more, if You know, is there a limit on how many ECW files can I mosaic? Because I will work with 100+. Thank You once more.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25
Thank You a lot. I just need to ask more, if You know, is there a limit on how many ECW files can I mosaic? Because I will work with 100+. Thank You once more.

It's hard to say from the outside. The number and size of ECW's is a factor, as well as the amount of RAM and temp disk space you have available. You'll have to try it and see what happens.