Solved

When writing to ArcGIS Portal, all my mixed-case field names show as lowercase in my feature service. Why is this happening?

• 14 November 2016
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

I have a workspace that contains an ArcGIS Portal writer with mixed-case field names. It runs without a problem when first creating the feature service on ArcGIS Portal. However, when I attempt to use that same workspace to write updates to that feature service, I see warnings similar to the following:

ArcGIS Online Feature Service Writer: Attribute 'myFieldName' on feature type 'Feature_Type' does not match any field on the corresponding layer/table. The attribute will be ignored

If I check the feature service itself, I can see that all the mixed-case field names have actually been set to lowercase (so, myFieldName is actually set to myfieldname).

icon

Best answer by lauraatsafe 14 November 2016, 19:54

View original

1 reply

Badge +9

This can happen when publishing to a Portal for ArcGIS that uses an ArcGIS Data Store. According to the known-issues listed at this page: http://solutions.arcgis.com/utilities/gas/help/facility-reports-gas-distribution/

"When publishing to Portal for ArcGIS with an ArcGIS Data Store Hosting Server, field names will be auto converted to lowercase."

When using FME to write updates to a feature service like this, make sure the casing of field names on the writer feature type in your workspace matches the casing of the field names in the published feature service layer.