Question

OAuth issues with ArcGIS Online and FME Server 2017

• 7 February 2018
  • 1 reply

I'm having issues running a workbench on FME Server which publishes to ArcGIS Online.

It appears to be an issue with the authentication in ArcGIS Online. I authenticate my Web Connection to ArcGIS Online, and publish the job to FME Server where it shows that the connection is authenticated/successful. If I run the job immediately, it is successful but it appears the connection is broken if I check again in a few hours. The green tick disappears and the job will fail if I try to run it.

Is there a step I'm missing to allow FME Server and ArcGIS Online to authenticate with each other? It seems to me as though the token is checked out when I publish the job immediately, and is then revoked by the next time the job is scheduled (daily).

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @kieranodonnell,

It might be worth following the steps outlined in this thread. Setting up your own 'App' in the ArcGIS might help. It does seem the token is temporary in your case. I would expect it to be refreshed though. Let us know if authenticating against your own app results in the same problem.