Question

While writing features Getting Unable to convert value taken from Z_ORIGIN keyword to a float data type issue

• 24 October 2017
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

Hi All,

I have installed FME 2017 64 bit and ArcGIS 10.5 64bit geoprocessing tools. I am converting SDO geometry to ST_Geometry. While writing the features I am getting Unable to convert value taken from Z_ORIGIN keyword to a float data type issue. I tried all the possible ways, still no luck. Could any one help on this??

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Is there any parameter in the writer where you can specify that the data contains Z values? If so, setting that might help. Otherwise, can you get it to write if you use a 2DForcer transformer to make sure everything is 2D. I'm not sure if your data is meant to have z values, but at least we'd narrow the problem down a little.

Badge

Is there any parameter in the writer where you can specify that the data contains Z values? If so, setting that might help. Otherwise, can you get it to write if you use a 2DForcer transformer to make sure everything is 2D. I'm not sure if your data is meant to have z values, but at least we'd narrow the problem down a little.

Hi @Mark2AtSafe,

Thank you for your quick reply. There are no Z values in my data and its working with FME 2016 32 bit environment. Even I used 2DForcer to conform.

Userlevel 4
Badge +25
Hi @Mark2AtSafe,

Thank you for your quick reply. There are no Z values in my data and its working with FME 2016 32 bit environment. Even I used 2DForcer to conform.

In that case I think the best thing is to file a support case with us (via safe.com/support) and include your workspace and source data. I know the source data is not easy to get, but if you can simply use FME to write it out to an FFS format dataset, that would be perfect. I suspect it might be something very simple to figure out, but we'd need to see the workspace/data to do that. If we can't sort it out there then we'd probably want to do an online meeting. If something worked before but doesn't now then that's very important to us that we can resolve it asap.

Badge +5

Hi @mark2atsafe, was there any outcome for this? I have just hit this for the first time in 2018.1.03 (18552) in a FeatureWriter where I am also passing metadata in. It was doing it on the metadata feature as that was writing first, so I disabled that, and now it does it with the first feature from a csv going to an esri table. This worked fine when using individual writers, but I had to add a capture after writing to load failed feature loads with an alternative method in the shutdown script.