Question

3D PDF units?

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hi All,

Just been playing around with the 3D PDF writer and have noticed that my output seems to be in mm rather than meters (AdobeReader has a measurement tool)

I've turned off "Move to local Coordinate System" but the issue is still there. Is there a way to specify the unit in the writer? or is the only way to do this to scale the model so that the measurements are at least accurate?

4 replies

Badge +1

hI @virtualcitymatt

Open the PDF

Right click on the image

Click on '3D Preferences'

Click on 'Measuring (3D)' located under 'Categories',

Tick 'Use default display unit:

Change the unit to 'Meters'

Click OK

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

hI @virtualcitymatt

Open the PDF

Right click on the image

Click on '3D Preferences'

Click on 'Measuring (3D)' located under 'Categories',

Tick 'Use default display unit:

Change the unit to 'Meters'

Click OK

Thanks for the tip - I tried that but seems like it only converts the mm into meters for display purposes - My measurements are now 0.001 m when they should be 1 m.

Userlevel 2
Badge +13

Thanks for the tip - I tried that but seems like it only converts the mm into meters for display purposes - My measurements are now 0.001 m when they should be 1 m.

Hi @virtualcitymatt! We looked this up in our system and found an existing issue FMEENGINE-38044. Unfortunately, there is not a work around we know of, but we will update this post as soon as the status changes.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

Hi @virtualcitymatt! We looked this up in our system and found an existing issue FMEENGINE-38044. Unfortunately, there is not a work around we know of, but we will update this post as soon as the status changes.

Thanks for the update!