Question

autocad block names

• 9 January 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +6

i have an esri geodatabase with a point feature class with an attribute A

This attribute A has about 50 different contents (like A1,A2,A3,A4,....)

Each content has its own symbology. Now I want to convert them into dwg and each content should get a different autocad_block.

How can I do that in FME? (because in the DWG Styler I can choose only 1 BLOCK)

I need about 50!!!

Greetz and Thanx

FRanco

5 replies

Badge +3
I think you have to use a WorkspaceRunner.

Extract the 50 contents (listbuilder on the attribute and remove duplicates with a listduplicateremover, explode it) and clla the styler through a WorkspaceRunner.

First make a workspace with the styler and make the blockname a parameter.

If you call this workspace with a workspacerunner, the parameter will become linkabel to a attribute, in your case that would be the contentattribute.
Userlevel 3
Badge +13
The DWGStyler maps the autocad_block_name (see http://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Desktop_Help.htm#../Subsystems/FME_Transformers/Content/Transformers/dwgstyler.htm%3FTocPath%3DFME%2520Transformers%7CStylers%7C_____2) this you can do yourself for all 50 AttributeValueMapper for example) and voila, you dont even need the styler.
Badge +3

Sure you can use a templatefile to refer to (at least) 50 different blocks you would want to use, however you stil can only pick one at a time.

Block name cannot be reffered to via an attribute, only parameters. (at least not in fme 2014sp3)

If you use valuemapping to map the attributes to blocknames, you still have to select them somehow.

So i think you need to use a workspacerunner, because this allows you to call the dwgStyler with the mapped blocknmames as  parameter.

(or you could use python or tcl).
Userlevel 3
Badge +13
just make sure you are exposing the block name on the writer and FME will take care of the rest, no need for running the same translation 50 times.....
Badge +3
I see it is possible to use an attribute.

Strange, last time i looked it only showed "select block name"  and parameter