Question

This FME edition does not recognize the `SWORLDSWAF' writer

• 13 September 2013
  • 6 replies

Hello Dears.

I am working on a migration of Smallworld 3.3 to 4.3, however I getting the error below:

|ERROR |BADNEWS: No MULTI_WRITER dataset name was specified (couldn't find a value for `MULTI_WRITER_DATASET') (writrimp.cpp:572)

| 1.0| 0.1|ERROR |BADNEWS: This FME edition does not recognize the `SWORLDSWAF' writer. Please ensure that the current platform supports this writer, the writer name is spelled correctly, and that you have installed all required plug-ins (creator2.cpp:745)

| 1.0| 0.0|INFORM|Trying to find a BUILTIN plugin for writer named `SWORLDSWAF'

| 1.0| 0.0|ERROR |BADNEWS: BUILTIN writer not found -- no Writer named `SWORLDSWAF' is available in this FME version (creator2.cpp:795)

I guess that the problem is on the field sworld_geometry{0}.sworld_name that receives exi_location as value.

But what intrigues me is that the error only occurs when I try to record geometry data.

(Writing tabular there is no error). The geometry is Simple 

Someone could help me please?

Thanks in Advance,

Fernando Ferreira.

6 replies

Badge +14
First go to Tools > FME Options and on the Runtime tab turn off 'Log debugging information', assuming it is turned on. This option should only be switched on if a Safe Software developer asks you to turn it on. Does the error go away now? If this was already off then review this page as it looks like you are missing some dependencies, working with Smallworld needs either access to your Smallworld implementation or a third party plug in:

http://fmepedia.safe.com/articles/FAQ/FME-Smallworld-configuration-options

Dave I disabled the debugging option and the error that returns is:

Smallworld Translator Error: application

2013-09-13 14:58:11| 1.2| 0.0|ERROR |... Last line repeated 8 times ...

I am using the GE plugin and I have set up everything according the link you have sent... (http://fmepedia.safe.com/articles/FAQ/FME-Smallworld-configuration-options) however I noted that there is a part on the article where says that requires updated magik components. What would be the updates?   Thanks. Fernando Ferreira

Badge +14
Well the error is a little clearer now but I'm afraid I can't help any further with the problem. I suggest you speak direct to Safe via their support desk. Mark Stoakes is one of their Smalworld gurus and he might be able to direct you more precisely than I can on the Smallworld front.
yeah I was in touch with him.

I have discovered my problem - it was the coordinate system that should be set to BritishNatGrid_mm before to write.

But now I am getting the follows error:

2013-09-16 10:57:11| 1.1| 0.0|ERROR |Smallworld Translator Error: Value coordinate:(1.752e+010,-2.437e+010) out of range for field coord

It is happening even I attempt to write at the same coordinates of the destination. Do you have any idea about what can be happening?

Thanks again.

Fernando Ferreira
Badge +5
Hi,

In what units is your data that you're trying to write? This sounds like a unit problem, that you have to scale your data before writing it with Scaler.
It is a custom coordinate system: BritishNatGrid_mm

# ---------------------------------------------------------------- COORDINATE_SYSTEM_DEF BritishNatGrid_mm           \\ CS_NAME  BritishNatGrid                         \\ DESC_NM  "British National Grid (ORD SURV GB)"  \\ DT_NAME  OSGB-7P                                \\ EPSG  27700                                     \\ GROUP  "EUROPE"                                 \\ MAP_SCL  1                                      \\ MAX_LAT  62                                     \\ MAX_LNG  2.5                                    \\ MIN_LAT  48                                     \\ MIN_LNG  -6                                     \\ ORG_LAT  49                                     \\ PARM1  -2                                       \\ PROJ  TM                                        \\ QUAD  1                                         \\ SCL_RED  0.9996012717                           \\ SOURCE  "Mentor Software Client"                \\ UNIT  MILLIMETER                                \\ X_OFF  400000000                                \\ Y_OFF  -100000000                               \\ ZERO_X  0.001                                   \\ ZERO_Y  0.001