Question

running workspace on fme server from custom client - how to specify source dataset

• 22 November 2013
  • 2 replies

I have built a simple workspace with source and destination SHAPE-dataset.

Then I used the  fmedataupload-service to upload a zip file with SHAPE-Sourcedata.

Now I want to use fmedatadownload-service to run the workspace and download result dataset.

But now I get following StatusMessage: 
 Shape Reader: No Shape Files found to process in directory `test_upload.zip'. Check directory and ids statement in mapping file My questions are: Are this steps to run the worckspace correct? How I must specify source dataset so that fme server can find them?  

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi,

have you looked at the examples on the FME Server REST API playground?

Use something like Firebug or the "Inspect element"-functionality in Chrome to capture and analyse the requests.

David
Hi David,

I have studied all this stuff, but all these examples use the html based approach.

I wont to use a Java or C# client and use the FME Server Services, how it is described in FME Server Reference Manual.

Upload and call of download service is working, but execution of workspace fails with the  above error message.

jsessionid from uplad call i have appended to request url of download service.

I have aslo tried to upload source dataset as post request to datadownload service.

Torsten