Solved

Multiple Attributefilters on one source going to one destination

Folks,

Still on that learning curve.

I have a table where there are two filtering criteria based on two different columns in the source.

Initially I thought to use two Attributefilters one for each criteria and then re-combine the result like a UNION for the output.

However it's possible the criteria will allow the same record through twice. Once for each criteria.

What is the best way to filter out data based on multiple criteria?

I was thinking if I stuck with multiple parrallel Attributefilters I'd need some kind of Merger to eliminate the duplicate records.

Advice apprciated.

icon

Best answer by jneujens 23 May 2017, 15:24

View original

2 replies

Badge

Have you thought about using testfilters? You can easily set up different conditions for different attributes and combine them by OR or AND statements?

If this somehow does not work for you, you can always have a look at the 'DuplicateFilter' transformer. This should eliminate duplicate records after you filtered the data.

Have you thought about using testfilters? You can easily set up different conditions for different attributes and combine them by OR or AND statements?

If this somehow does not work for you, you can always have a look at the 'DuplicateFilter' transformer. This should eliminate duplicate records after you filtered the data.
The DuplicateFilter route was the way I went. Combining non-matching and SingleMatch got me the result I was after.