Question

Connect to ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise featureservice using OAuth from FME Workbench?

• 5 February 2019
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

It seems like the Reader in FME Workbench only supports tokens, but my ArcGIS Enterprise only supports OAuth connections, is there a Workaround?

3 replies

Badge +16

Hi, i think you'll need to create a web connection, beginning by creating an app.

https://developers.arcgis.com/documentation/core-concepts/security-and-authentication/arcgis-server-and-portal-for-arcgis/

Then it should work just like an ArcGIS Online connection.

Maybe it's just to technical for me, but I don't understand how to get from the part where I have registered FME as an application within my Enterprices and to the point where I can create a web connection.

Under web connections I cannot really use the connector for ArcGIS Online, since it's hardcoded to point at ArcGIS Online and I don't get which connectiontype should be an alternative?

Am I getting this all wrong?

Badge +9

Hi @moh_ramboll,

Just to confirm, are you working with the ArcGIS Portal Reader in FME? We currently don't support OAuth authentication for that reader. We currently only support OAuth for the ArcGIS Online Reader.

We do have an existing enhancement request to add oauth support for the ArcGIS portal reader, but work for that has not been scheduled yet. I've linked this question to that request so we will update this as soon as we have an update on that.

Edit: this also applies to the ArcGIS Server Feature Service Reader if you are working with that one.