Question

INSPIRE GML to postgres database

Badge

I am able to write inspire GML (it validates, too). I do it in FME. Now I would like to write that gml directly to the postgresql database (add postgresql writer), so that i have the entire data flow in one workspace, but i cannot join two writers (inspire gml writer and postgresql writer) together... I am very new to FME.

6 replies

Badge

Im not sure on your exact workflow but you can connect multiple writers to a single dataset.

Alternatively if you are trying to write to PostGres and then from PostGres to GML you could try using feature readers and writers rather than the standard readers and writers. That way you can continue the process after you have written to PostGres.

A screenshot of your workbench would be helpful to see the data flow.

Badge

Hello!

Thank you for the feature readers and writers suggestion. I have made some changes to my workspace and tested using feature readers and writers. I will let you know when I have succeeded with writing the inspire gml to postgres.

Badge

I am lost as the Atlantis. Do I understand correctly that I am unable to actually connect one writer's output as an input to another writer? I can only connect its summary? Or is the summary really the output? @mwiltshire

Just a lot of the data being written ... gets lost with this.

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

I am lost as the Atlantis. Do I understand correctly that I am unable to actually connect one writer's output as an input to another writer? I can only connect its summary? Or is the summary really the output? @mwiltshire

Just a lot of the data being written ... gets lost with this.

In 2018 and above the featurewriter has an option under output ports to output all features ('one per feature type')

If you just want to write the same data to both GML and postgres though, i'd just do this

Badge

In 2018 and above the featurewriter has an option under output ports to output all features ('one per feature type')

If you just want to write the same data to both GML and postgres though, i'd just do this

@triintjr - I would follow this example. Unless you need to write to GML before PostGIS then you can just write to both simultaneously.

Otherwise you can update the output ports on the feature writer to pass all attributes instead of a summary.

Badge

Thank you @egomm "In 2018 and above the featurewriter has an option under output ports to output all features ('one per feature type')" - this is what I needed. Success!