Question

How can I disable editor tracking on a feature service while running workspace?

• 1 October 2018
  • 9 replies

Badge

We are using collector for ArcGIS to edit assets with a GPS unit to portal hosted feature services to sub-foot accuracy. We also have corresponding production feature classes in a SQL server sde of networked water assets that is the system of record for attribution. I have a workspace that will update changes in attribution from our production sde database (SQL server) to attribution in a portal hosted feature services that has editor tracking enabled. I want to maintain the last editor and last edit date fields in collector that is done by the field staff. When a feature is update by the workspace, it is overwritten to the run date and time and with my name as the editor. I was wondering if there is a way to use python caller to disable and enable editor tracking at the beginning and end of the workspace. I am not very python savvy, so any help in this regard will be appreciated. If there is another way other than python caller I am interested in that also.

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +18

Maybe the next link is of use:

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/tool-reference/data-management/disable-editor-tracking.htm

Badge +8

1. is it possible to create a model in the model builder to "disable editor tracking" and then another one to "enable editor tracking" (http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/editing/enable-or-disable-editor-tracking.htm); convert those to .py files that you would execute at the start and the end of the workspace processing?

2. Another way would be to have a model (from the model builder) from which you would run the workspace starting with Disabling the Editor Tracking ---> The Workspace ----> Enabling the Editor Tracking.

Badge

I am sorry that I didn't respond sooner. I was expecting to get a notification via email. Thank you for your answers. I will try what you suggest and share what I learn.

Badge

Maybe you could disable editor tracking at the beginning of your workspace with an appropriate request to the ArcGIS REST API using HTTPCaller, and enable it again at the end. This web page contains an example of how to enable change tracking with an API request: https://developers.arcgis.com/rest/services-reference/update-definition-feature-service-.htm

Badge

circumventing-editor-tracking.fmw

Maybe this prototype will help you solve your problem.

You have to change the values of the published and private parameters, and refer to your own credentials and hosted feature server. Notice the difference between `feature_server_url` and `feature_server_admin_url`. The latter url contains \\admin\\.

You also have to change the value of the parameter `updates` in HTTPCaller_3.

I am not really sure whether the two Decelerators are necessary.

Badge

circumventing-editor-tracking.fmw

Maybe this prototype will help you solve your problem.

You have to change the values of the published and private parameters, and refer to your own credentials and hosted feature server. Notice the difference between `feature_server_url` and `feature_server_admin_url`. The latter url contains \\admin\\.

You also have to change the value of the parameter `updates` in HTTPCaller_3.

I am not really sure whether the two Decelerators are necessary.

Thank you for submitting a workspace as a solution. I tried to download it and I received this web page. Could you please submit it again?

Badge

I've run into the same issue. @Imawhinney7175 did you find a solution for this?

Badge

Thank you for submitting a workspace as a solution. I tried to download it and I received this web page. Could you please submit it again?

https://github.com/FrieseWoudloper/FME_workspaces/tree/master/circumventing-editor-tracking

Badge

Right click on the workbench link and use "save link as". It will be downloaded.