Solved

Trying to use SQLCreator or SQLExecutor with a workspace runner to run a SQL Stored procedure after upload completion

• 1 November 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi all. I feel I am going around in circles.

I have a data update process uploading data regularly to SQL server. A requirement of this update is to run a couple of stored procedures on the uploaded data. I wish to run stored procedures that are entirely internal to SQL server after the upload is complete, rather than having to duck into MSSMS to trigger them. I don't require features or attributes to be passed back to FME.

Currently, I am have embedded my process in a workspace runner and use a single item creator to trigger it. I then hope to have the stored procedure(s) run/triggered from SQLExecutor or SQL Creator (if it will work in this fashion)

Something like exec dbo.'storedprocedurehere' only doesn't cut it. Comes back with a malformed statement.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brady

icon

Best answer by todd_davis 1 November 2016, 04:40

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

From your error message, you just need to update the timeout within the SQLExecutor (under parameters). Your stored procedure is taken a while to complete and because FME doesn't get a response in that defined time, the query times out

Badge

From your error message, you just need to update the timeout within the SQLExecutor (under parameters). Your stored procedure is taken a while to complete and because FME doesn't get a response in that defined time, the query times out

Hi @todd_davis, thanks for your answer. I have done that and it may very well have done the trick. The process seems to be called now.

Cheers