Question

How can the Email Notification Service get access to the logged-on user?

• 8 December 2015
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +1

I have mapped with the FME Server 2014 SP4 (build 14430 WIN32) a workflow in which registered users can start a job submitter service that calls after completing a topic, which sends an email notification to the project administrator. In this email should be included 3 important informations: 1. Job ID: {id} 2. Username of the user who ran the process (The users are created directly in the FME - no AD) 3. If possible, the selected value of a published parameter "government_district", which is necessary for the execution of the process Do you know a possible way? • i want to use the name of the logged-on user in my email-template of the email subscription, who executed the JobSubmitter service. Is there a parameter to which I have access in the template (similar to job-id {id})? In the documentary unfortunately i can not find anything. • i like to use the value of the published parameter in my email-template of the email subscription? My first idea is to create another process, which then calls the actual process by FMEServerJobSubmitter. Here I could use the PythonCaller to send an email, which can use the value of published parameter. But here still the question of the users remains unclear who started the process. Maybe you have an idea for a solution ?!

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

There's a FME_SECURITY_USER parameter which contains the (FME Server) username that starts a process. You can pass that on to the 2nd process through a user parameter.