Solved

How can I make the FeatureReader output ports (one per feature type or specified) persistent when preparing the workspace to to run on FME Server?

• 4 January 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +9

Hi,

when I replace the hardcoded string to a dataset with a parameter (in my case my $(FME_SHAREDSOURCE_DATA) Resources), the FeatureReader destroys all my 'one per feature type' or 'specified' Output Ports. Even if I add 'FeatureTypes to Read' as a Fixed List parameter.

So how can I make the Output Ports persistent to prepare my workspace for FME Server?

(FME 2017.1.1.0 build 17650)

icon

Best answer by david_r 4 January 2018, 11:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4

The easiest, in my opinion, is to use the Single Output Port option followed by a TestFilter on fme_feature_type or fme_dataset.

You can, however, accomplish what you want by linking the transformer dataset property to the FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA parameter from the Navigator / Transformers list, rather than from the transformer properties:

This should enable you to set a different dataset while preserving your existing output ports.

Badge +11

The easiest, in my opinion, is to use the Single Output Port option followed by a TestFilter on fme_feature_type or fme_dataset.

You can, however, accomplish what you want by linking the transformer dataset property to the FME_SHAREDRESOURCE_DATA parameter from the Navigator / Transformers list, rather than from the transformer properties:

This should enable you to set a different dataset while preserving your existing output ports.

Cool idea! I'll have to try this out – I've often run into this same workflow complication.

Badge +9

@david_r

Your suggestion works pretty good (applying the parameter from the Navigator instead of the transformer properties). Thanks a lot.