Question

Problem converting Revit (RVZ) to Cesium 3D Tiles.

• 20 March 2018
  • 2 replies

Hello, I am trying to convert a Revit model in RVZ format to a Cesium 3D tile. However when the transformation is run I get a warning that says "Geometries which cannot be converted to a triangulated mesh will not be written" for some of the geometry.

Is there anyway to fix this or to tell way some of the geometry does work and some of it doesn't?

2 replies

Badge +3

Sounds like there is a problem with writing the features. I know RVZ-files (or actually IFC-files) contain features without geometry, point and line geometry.

You could consider using a GeometryFilter to filter all features that cannot be triangulated.

Sounds like there is a problem with writing the features. I know RVZ-files (or actually IFC-files) contain features without geometry, point and line geometry.

You could consider using a GeometryFilter to filter all features that cannot be triangulated.

Thanks Lars_de_vries

I have tried a GeometryFilter and tested all of the different kinds of geometry to see which one is causing the warning. The geometry that causes the warning is the solids but the warning still isn't consistent across all of the features.

Is there away to tell which of the solid type features can't be triangulated?