Question

"Area on area overlap" sum Calculations in overlaping areas

• 25 November 2019
  • 2 replies

I have got an amount of points which are the locations of fire hydrants. Each of it can deliver a certain amount of water (Liters / Minute) in a radius of 300m for firefighting purposes.

I have created a buffer around each point and now I want to calculate the amount of water for firefighting purposes in the buffers an in the overlap areas and in the non-overlap-areas.

Example: I have Hydrant #1, which can deliver 2000 l / Min, and I have Hydrant #2, which can deliver 3000 l / Min. In the overlapping area, I have 5000 l/min of water supply, in the non-overlapping-area I have a water supply of 2000 l/Min (Hydrant #1) or 3000 l/min (Hydrant#2) respectively.

Of course, there are many more hydrants to look at, and in some cases we have a dozen or more hydrant areas which are overlapping.

I have used the "area-on-area-overlayer", which seems to work properly, but I don't know how to calculate the sum of water supply in the overlapping area.

Is there anyone who can help?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @schorsch Generate a list in the AreaOnAreaOverlayer and add to that list the attribute that holds the l/min values. Then follow the AoAO with a ListSummer to add those values from overlapping buffers together.

Userlevel 4
Badge +26

In Your AreaOnAreaOverlayer turn on the Generate List option. Select the attributes you want to use in the stats.

The output will have the attributes in a list for the overlapped ares. Now use a ListSummer on that attribute and you have your l/m per area