Question

Intro to Desktop

• 26 August 2019
  • 1 reply

When I run exercise 1.1 (intro to desktop) I get the following error message: "During translation, some features were read that did not match a reader feature type in the workspace. This can happen if the reader dataset is changed, or a reader feature type removed or renamed."

My main canvas appears different to the one in displayed in the video. The "clean up attributes" and "fix inconsistent local area names" sections are both blank. As a result the "311-requests" writer is not linked to anything, and has no output. I have wasted a lot of time trying to figure out why this is happening. The video is no help at all. Thanks in advance.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

This is not necessarily an error. It means you are reading some data that you don't have feature types for on the canvas (this could be the KML, as is explained in step 3). This can be by design and is generally not something to be very worried about.

However, that bookmark should have some transformers in it! Did it look that way the first time you opened it?