Solved

Changing the menus' font size?

• 23 April 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi there!

I'm using Workbench 2018. After a few weeks, out of the sudden the font of the 'Parameter Editor' and the menu of each transformer (the one you get by double click in the transformer box itself) got so tiny that I am barely able to read those texts.

I would appreciate any help to get those fields back to their usual font size. I've tried with the 'FME options' in the 'Tools' menu, but it makes no difference at all.

icon

Best answer by chrisatsafe 23 April 2019, 17:17

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi @xzubizarreta,

I would start with the suggestions on this Forum Thread. Depending on the resolution of your display, you may need to enable or disable the automatic scaling for High DPI Displays as this may cause problems on displays with resolutions lower than 4k (such as 1980 X 1020) and a scale factor set to higher than 100% - you can learn more about this in the Appearance Documentation in the Rendering Options section.

If that does not resolve the issue, another option is to try enabling the High DPI scaling override:

1. Start Menu > FME Desktop > Right click on FME Workbench and choose open file location - this should open the Windows File Explorer to something like:

C:\\ProgramData\\Microsoft\\Windows\\Start Menu\\Programs\\FME Desktop 2018.0.1.1
  2. Right click on the FME Workbench Shortcut, chose properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
  3. On the Compatibility tab click the Change high DPI Settings button to open the Workbench properties.
  4. Check the Override high DPI scaling Behavior button. Set this to System (Enhanced)

Note: if this works you may need to change the high DPI settings for the FME Data Inspector as well.

Here is a quick demonstration of how to enable this setting:

Hope this helps

Hi @xzubizarreta,

I would start with the suggestions on this Forum Thread. Depending on the resolution of your display, you may need to enable or disable the automatic scaling for High DPI Displays as this may cause problems on displays with resolutions lower than 4k (such as 1980 X 1020) and a scale factor set to higher than 100% - you can learn more about this in the Appearance Documentation in the Rendering Options section.

If that does not resolve the issue, another option is to try enabling the High DPI scaling override:

1. Start Menu > FME Desktop > Right click on FME Workbench and choose open file location - this should open the Windows File Explorer to something like:

C:\\ProgramData\\Microsoft\\Windows\\Start Menu\\Programs\\FME Desktop 2018.0.1.1
  2. Right click on the FME Workbench Shortcut, chose properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
  3. On the Compatibility tab click the Change high DPI Settings button to open the Workbench properties.
  4. Check the Override high DPI scaling Behavior button. Set this to System (Enhanced)

Note: if this works you may need to change the high DPI settings for the FME Data Inspector as well.

Here is a quick demonstration of how to enable this setting:

Hope this helps

Thanks for this guidance, I'd tried everything else with no luck but this worked perfectly.