Question

Is it possible to write a .dgn level with just tags and no geometry with the Bentley MicroStation Design v8 Writer (while writing the geometry separately in another level, but to the same file)?

• 16 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge

I was wondering if this is at all possible?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @thomas_merkus,

Yes, is possible. I create a example to read a shapefile polygons and creator ( for example ) attributes ( tags ).

After, i did hold the polygon and text using the transformer FeatureHolder.

At end, i filter Area and Text ( GeometryFilter ) and add a Writer DGN V8 for Tags:

I duplicate the this FeatureType to Polygons. Rigth botton -> Duplicate

An Navigator you can see just a Writer file, but with two FeatureTypes: Polygons and Tags:

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge

Hi @thomas_merkus,

Yes, is possible. I create a example to read a shapefile polygons and creator ( for example ) attributes ( tags ).

At end, i filter Area and Text ( GeometryFilter ) and add a Writer DGN V8 for Tags:

An Navigator you can see just a Writer file, but with two FeatureTypes: Polygons and Tags:

Thanks,

Danilo

@danilo_inovacaoThanks, can you perhabs share your example? It seems to work but when I open the result ouotside FME I don't get the tagset.
Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Yes @thomas_merkus. I send you the Workspace template. Please execute and try to open my output.

Thanks, - -workspace-know.fmwt

Danilo

Badge

Hi @thomas_merkus,

Thanks,

Danilo

@danilo_inovacao Your example is a workaround for what I actually mean, but its very useful nonetheless Thx!. When you do it like this, the text becomes text-geometry. What I was wondering, if it's also possible to only write tags to a level with no geometr.
Userlevel 4
Badge +30
@danilo_inovacao Your example is a workaround for what I actually mean, but its very useful nonetheless Thx!. When you do it like this, the text becomes text-geometry. What I was wondering, if it's also possible to only write tags to a level with no geometr.
Hi @thomas_merkus, Perfect.

I believe to create a geometry with tags.

Thanks,

Danilo