Solved

Expose Format Attributes in Dynamic Feature Reader

• 20 November 2018
  • 9 replies

Badge +10

Hi,

hopefully this is a simple one but it has me stuck. I am using a dynamic feature reader and would like to expose Format Attributes - in this case, fme_colour and fme_basename. Can someone please tell me where to find this. In the normal readers this is just a select all option under the format attributes tab.

Many Thanks

Oliver

icon

Best answer by david_r 20 November 2018, 16:59

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4

Depending on the format it could be an option in the format parameters dialog.

If not, you can specify them manually under the Generic Port settings.

Finally, you can always insert an AttributeExposer transformer after the FeatureReader, although I'd consider this a last option.

Badge +10

Finally, you can always insert an AttributeExposer transformer after the FeatureReader, although I'd consider this a last option.

Thanks David, I am using the PDF reader, unfortunately nothing is available in the parameters. When I try to expose using the generic port nothing comes out:

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

The generic output port is not going to help you here as you are outputting by feature type. There should be an option in the PDF parameters under schema attributes

Badge +10

thanks for the continued help David, I tried as you suggested but nothing was available, the attributeexposer worked to get some pdf_ attributes out. Still no way that I have found to get the format attributes. I am good with this dataset the colours are the main content I need to retrieve.

Thank you again,

Oliver

Userlevel 4

I was able to get fme_color and fme_feature_type just fine using the Generic Port specific settings and manually typing them in there:

But yeah, the AttributeExposer is sometimes the easiest solution when in doubt.

Badge +10

I was able to get fme_color and fme_feature_type just fine using the Generic Port specific settings and manually typing them in there:

But yeah, the AttributeExposer is sometimes the easiest solution when in doubt.

Sorry no luck for me, no features coming out.

Badge +10

The generic output port is not going to help you here as you are outputting by feature type. There should be an option in the PDF parameters under schema attributes

there is this, but I cant manually add any fields unfortunately.

Userlevel 4

Sorry no luck for me, no features coming out.

Looking at your screenshot I see why, the Generic Port settings only work if you select the single output port option:

So in your case I think the AttributeExposer is actually the only option.

Badge +10

Looking at your screenshot I see why, the Generic Port settings only work if you select the single output port option:

So in your case I think the AttributeExposer is actually the only option.

Thanks for the help David