Question

Custom FME Parameters (not server)

• 31 October 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi all, I'm FME newbie, though I kind of know what this thing does. I've inherited around 30 fme workbenches I need to update, as a developer I'd like to get things in the config files for different environments so I'm externalizing the props (parameters) via the Private Parameters (scripted). As I have to do this for all 30 workbenches, is there a way I can add my own custom params directly into FME that would become available as FME Parameters? Thank you

1 reply

Badge +2

Hi @vajnorcan,

As far as I know, parameters are saved with the workspace but you are able to copy and paste pulbic/private parameters between workspaces. I don't believe you can store public/private parameters any other way but you could use Presets to re-use user parameter values.

Presets are a bit different but they might get you most of the way there. I did some testing to see if defining a public or private parameter as an attribute value then saving it as a preset but unfortunately it will not create the parameter when you load the preset in another workspace (will be flagged as an invalid parameter because the parameter does not exist). Not sure if that is already on the roadmap but it could neat way to use presets.

We can definitely add this on the Ideas page to see if others would also find this useful as well.