Question

is there any way i can calculate distance between points of gas station on highways on each side of road

• 4 December 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge

i have points for each gas stations on both side of highways and shape file of highways road network..

i want to caclulate the distance between gas stations on each side .. and side of gas station

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +18

hi @mehar if I understand your question well, the LeftRightSpatialCalculator is what you're looking for?

That can split your gas station dataset to a 'left' one and a 'right' one. Afterwards the NeighborFinder can get you the distances for each station of one side

Hope this gets you to the right direction?

Badge

hi @mehar if I understand your question well, the LeftRightSpatialCalculator is what you're looking for?

That can split your gas station dataset to a 'left' one and a 'right' one. Afterwards the NeighborFinder can get you the distances for each station of one side

Hope this gets you to the right direction?

thanks @becchr , i tried leftrightcalculator but it didnot give me the accurate result,, also the distance i got from neighborfinder is in unknown units..

Userlevel 3
Badge +18

thanks @becchr , i tried leftrightcalculator but it didnot give me the accurate result,, also the distance i got from neighborfinder is in unknown units..

hi @mehar, for the first problem, you use one of the road sides as input? and the segments are all directed in the same direction?

for the second problem: seems you use unprojected data (geographical coordinates), there's a GeographicNeighborFinder on the hub or you can reproject your data first to a local coordinatesystem