Question

FME Server parent workspace with SQL Server problem

• 11 July 2016
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Hello,

I am running a parent workspace on FME Server which calls child workspaces with the FMEServerJobSubmitter transformer. From the log, the translation has errors when trying to connect to a SQL Server Non-Spatial reader in one of the child workspaces. When I run this child workspace individually from the desktop or FME Server, it works fine (no errors). The only problem is when I run it from within the parent workspace on the Server. The parent workspace also ran fine on the desktop. What could be causing this problem? I have seen that this is a common error message (https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/281/failed-to-connect-using-sql-server-2012-native-cli.html), but my connection to SQL Server is fine when I run the child workspace individually.

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Could it be the MS SQL Server connection is a published parameter that is receiving no value or a different value from the FMEServerJobSubmitter. If so, un-publishing the connection parameter and setting the parameter in the child workspace might solve the issue.