Question

How can I use the fme_basename attribute on feature types read from a FeatureReader into the AttributeFiler or FeatureTypeFilter?

Badge

The number of DGN feature types read by the featurereader transformer varies by project and I want to use the fme_basename attribute in a tester after they have been filtered by either the attributeFilter ot FeatureTypeFilter. There is no standard for the fme_basename on each project. Any suggestions?

2 replies

Badge

Hi @geospatiallover

would maybe a published parameter to set the fme_basename value to process be helpful?

Badge

Hi @geospatiallover

would maybe a published parameter to set the fme_basename value to process be helpful?

Lena, I created parameters for the feature reader Dataset and the Feature Types as you suggested. When I ran the workbench with prompt, I use the pick tool to select the DGN files dataset and it worked. When I use the pick tool for the FEATURETYPES parameter to read the feature types from the DGN dataset configured, FME crashed. I was wondering if the actual DGN files that are configured in the DATASET parameter in the first parameter is actually read by the pick tool or is it just the name "$(DATASET)"?