Question

named connections to exposed, SQLExecutor, fme server 2015

Hi,

I am using FME 2015 (desktop and server). I have a workspace where I use SQLExecutor that I want to have on the server. In the 2015 version named connections are introduced, indeed very nice - but I simply don't manage to expose the connections in the transformer. When using a reader, I can simply right click and change - but for the transformer I don't mange. Most likely I have missed something fundamental... tips anyone?

I have read here: http://docs.safe.com/fme/2015.0/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Desktop_Help.htm#../Subsystems/FME_Workbench/Content/Workbench/Using_Named_Database_Connections.htm#To

and it says "If the object using the named connection is a transformer:

In the Transformer Parameters dialog, open the drop-down menu of the dataset connection, and select Exposed Connection Parameters.

Click the Parameters button. In the database parameters dialog, specify the connection parameters and click OK.

In the transformer parameters dialog, click OK.

For more information, see the applicable topic in the FME Transformers Help."

Cheers,

Ola

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi,

I'm not quite sure I understand the question, but be aware that named connections aren't available on FME Server yet. You will have to use "Embed connection parameters":

David
Thanks David! That was a fast answer :) Works perfect.