Question

How to duplicate a XLS writer but unlink them from automatic updating?

Badge

7 replies

Badge
I have created a rather complicated XLS writer, I duplicated it as need 2 writers. All is good here.

Now I need to be able to have different file names when writing, but when changing one, it "inherits" the changes to the duplicated writer.

How can I achieve 2 files with the same writer structure and parameters?

Badge
any ideas out there?

Badge +6

Hi @hectorborromadr,

Are you able to just copy and paste the writer, rather than clicking the duplicate option? I believe, the copy and paste will keep the settings on the writer, while not being directly linked to one another.
Badge

thanks @trentatsafeI tried both ways... Copy-paste and Duplicate, and same thing....

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @hectorborromadr, you can try fanning out in the Navigator based on an attribute. This will give you multiple Excel spreadsheets with different names while maintaining the attribute definitions you've created in your workspace.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @hectorborromadr, you can try fanning out in the Navigator based on an attribute. This will give you multiple Excel spreadsheets with different names while maintaining the attribute definitions you've created in your workspace.

Check out this similar post: Excel Worksheets
Badge

Hi @hectorborromadr,

Are you able to just copy and paste the writer, rather than clicking the duplicate option? I believe, the copy and paste will keep the settings on the writer, while not being directly linked to one another.
Hi, yes, I tried both ways with the same results