Question

Microstation V8I to Microstation V8i Cells with Embedded text nodes (Enter Data Fields"

• 16 August 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge

I am translating V8I Cells with embedded Text Nodes to V8i. The Text in the text node is not translating. The text node is being nulled out. Is there a transformer that I can use that will allow me to keep the text and use it in the new cell with an embedded text node?

5 replies

Badge +4

Robyn,

Can you be a little more clear on your workflow? Are you writing to MicroStation V8i from other format or from MicroStation V7 to V8i?

You have mentioned that the cell contains data fields (usually underscore is used to format data fields in MicroStation).

Do you need the contents of the data fields in your cells to be copied to the new cell definition?

Happy FME:-)

SRG

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

A quick search shows me that we have problems maintaining the style of text nodes inside cells when converting in this way. But I don't see any previous report of the text going missing completely.

Perhaps you could contact our support team (safe.com/support) to look at this issue further. Let them know it might be related to PR#49397 and/or PR#44008 and they will be able to get back to you a little quicker I expect.

Incidentally, are you using Graphic Cells or Point Cells? We'd recommend point cells for including text, and that might be part of the issue too, if you are using graphic cells instead.

Badge

Robyn,

Can you be a little more clear on your workflow? Are you writing to MicroStation V8i from other format or from MicroStation V7 to V8i?

You have mentioned that the cell contains data fields (usually underscore is used to format data fields in MicroStation).

Do you need the contents of the data fields in your cells to be copied to the new cell definition?

Happy FME:-)

SRG

I am writing from V8i to V8i as well as from Smallworld 4.2 to V8i. Yes the fields are/were underscores but also may be filled in so I need the contents of the data fields copied to the new cell... and to Marks comment below I am using point Cells.

Thanks

Robyn

Badge +1

Hi Robyn,

Have you got the solution for your issue? I am also facing same issue I am converting data from Oracle spatial to Microstation V8. I need to create the cell with data field where the values are there in the database. Is there any straight method in FME to achieve this? Kindly let me know.

Badge

I opened a case (C120890) to address the issue. According to Dave Campanas, the problem is supposed to be fixed in the 2017 version of FME. I have not had a chance to check it out yet. If you do, please let me know how it goes... and good luck