Question

AreaOnAreaOverlayer: Is it possible to use attribute values of both area layers?

• 26 May 2017
  • 1 reply

Hello everybody,

I overlapped two area layers with the AreaOnAreaOverlayer. I wondered why the result areas just filled with the attribute values of just one of the two layers. I think that happens randomly. First I thought it was the 'Accumulation Mode' value of 'Attribute Accumulation' in the paramteres which was set to 'Use Attributes From One Feature' but 'Drop Incoming Attributes' (drops all attributes) and 'Merge Incoming Attributes' (does not only merge the attributes but enormously decrease number of the features of the result and that should definitely not happen!) does not bring the required result either. Is it possible to use the attribute values of both layers in the result when the two features are overlapped or is it at least possible to determine the layer from which the attributes should be used?

Best regards, Felix

1 reply

Badge +3

Either use the list or make the input identifiable. For instance using fme_feature_type or create a attribute for this purpose. You can also of course bulk rename attributes.

Of course this is only relevant when there is a attribute conflict.