Question

Porting the EasyTranslator Sample Demo on my server

• 8 November 2016
  • 1 reply

How do I modify the EasyTranslator sample to run on my local FME Server?

I can successfully run the EasyTranslator workspace on my server but and I have downloaded and copied the playground demo to my web server. This version also runs when using the demos.fmeserver.com.s3.amazonaws.com url but not when using my server. What are the steps to convert the demo web application to use your own server? I think I have the workbench and workspace set up fine. I am pretty sure I just need to know how to port the sample to use my server.

I have tried changing the host and token to use my local values in the easy translator.js and resource.js files but get odd behavior.

I also created what I think is a correctly formatted version of the server-demo-config.json file using my local values as well. Not sure why that does not work either.

Thanks for any tips or links to other questions....this is my first FME forum question!

1 reply

Badge +9

@giswebdev you may have resolved your issue by now sounds like you were on the right track anyway,I had this sample working by creating a .json file of my credentials and updating the relevant locations to point to my credentials.js rather then demos.fmeserver.com.s3.amazonaws.com Sounds pretty similar to what you have done already so maybe you have missed a step.

Your workspace should be in the samples repository you don't need to make any changes to the workspace available at this location but if you do then you should see the changes when you access the easy translator

Create a json file stating your credentials like my sample below and save it with the other provided js files

Update the relevant js fles, it was just the easytranslator.js and resources,js like you have done

Then just run from your browser-- you may want to delete your browser history first to ensure it updates to your local version. Once I had done the above steps I could view the completed easytranslation jobs running from my server