Question

Updating data in SmallWorld Writer

• 13 December 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I'm passing ID, fme_db_operation (as UPDATE) along with point geometry (set with GeometryPropertySetter) to small world writer.

I'm receiving error as mentioned below...

2017-12-14 01:12:08| 3.9| 0.0|ERROR |Smallworld Translator Error: No URN handler for class unset

Whether I'm leaving any other important attributes to pass to writer...

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

fme_where is what comes to mind, with value "id=@Value(ID)".

Usually the Smallworld ID field is lowercase and case sensitive.

Badge +2

The Smallworld writer should be using the sys_id or equivalent to make the join to the objects you want to update or delete.. So make sure the feature you are loading has the attribute that maps to the sys_id for the objects you are trying to update. In the article Database Operations in Smallworld this is the 'id' field for cables and supply_points, but customer_id for the customers collection.

Badge +2

Hi,

Thank you for the response @MarkAtSafe and @erik_jan.

I have added id & sys_id attributes but the response is with same error.

There is no fme_where attribute in format attributes still I have passed but response is same.

Even after the error message the result is strange. Update on changing of attribute values is happening but update changing the geometry is not happening.

I have attached the workbench for reference

safe.jpg

Badge +2

@pratap the attribute that maps to the sys_id may not be sys_id or id. As per my example on the Smallworld Cambridge database, this is the 'id' field for cables and supply_points, but customer_id for the customers collection. So the attribute you you are using for the id must match the attribute that has been exposed on the Smallworld collection. It is possible that that attribute is not 'visible' in which case you'll need to use the Smallworld ACE application to make the field you need to access visible to FME.