Question

AutoCAD Writer Creating Empty Layers d_y_00, d_y_01

• 11 November 2019
  • 9 replies

I am using the ACAD writer to convert GeoJSON to a CAD file. The issue I'm having is the ACAD Writer seems to be creating a bunch of empty layers named d_y_00, d_y_01, d_y_02 etc. that aren't in the GeoJSON I'm passing.

The layers that are in the GeoJSON are written to the CAD file and work perfectly. The issues is I can't seem to figure out where these layers are coming from or how to remove them.

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @ymch1x9rzb

Could you share your Workspace and Source to have a better understand your situation?

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge +2

Hi @ymch1x9rzb any change you're using a Template File that contains the layers, or used a merged featuretype and copied it to the writer?

Badge +11

KML_2DWG.fmw20190505057-2_ExistingRecordedAssets.dwgIPSGIS_2MMCD.xlsx

I have this situation but with OBJECT Data

Badge +11

Are you working with FME Desktop/Server 2019? If so, I've tested with FME Desktop 2018.1.2.1 and the d_y_?? do not occur.

Are you working with FME Desktop/Server 2019? If so, I've tested with FME Desktop 2018.1.2.1 and the d_y_?? do not occur.

Yes I am using FME 2019. Great to know that it doesn't seem to happen on 2018.1.2.1.

Badge +8

Hi @hlouie & @ymch1x9rzb

Thanks for the repro workspace, this issue is being identified as regression issue (as it works in 2018) and is currently investigated. Once the issue is resolved, I will update the post with the FME Desktop version and build number.

Hi @hlouie & @ymch1x9rzb

Thanks for the repro workspace, this issue is being identified as regression issue (as it works in 2018) and is currently investigated. Once the issue is resolved, I will update the post with the FME Desktop version and build number.

Hi - was there ever a resolution for this issue? I am running into this with a workbench created in 2018 and now trying to use in 2019.

Badge +11

I'm on 2021.1.2.0 Build 21627 and I don't see the error anymore "d_y_00, d_y_01"

Badge +8

The issue is resolved in FME Desktop 2019.2 ( 19818 and newer builds)