Question

Postgresql/Postgis control order of reading feature types

• 16 September 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
How one can control the order of reading of multiple feature types in one PostgreSQL/Postgis reader so you take advantage of Supliers first , Areas first , Candidates first and so on First ??

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi

The readers are processed top to bottom, according to the order set in the Navigator. This means that you can e.g. use separate readers for requestors and suppliers.

See also here: https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/FAQ/In-what-order-are-my-input-datasets-read-Is-there-any-control-over-how-this-occurs-Why-would-I-be-concerned

You can also use the FeatureHolder for a similar effect, but it has a tendency to consume a lot of memory since it attempts to hold all your features in memory at once, so you may want to avoid it for large datasets.

David
Badge +1
Thanks David , i know the control order with mutiple readers but trying to avoid that, really in search for control of feature types within one single Postgres reader.
Userlevel 4
Hi

You cannot control the order of the features within a single reader, as far as I know. You will either have to use several readers or control the order within your workspace (FeatureHolder, etc).

David