Question

Scaler: Issue - I can not scale AutoCAD dwgs using attribute found in North Arrow and Scale Block. How do you get Scaler to accept an attribute from a dwg to use as the scale value?

• 6 February 2018
  • 2 replies

I am a bit of a novice but I can extract a value from the block, change the type from text to numeric ( tried both types) but scaler stops processing at the Scaler transformer. If I add a value for the scale or IF I use AttributeCreator and put a value in as an attribute it will pass that hand value thru Scaler. I need to have Scaler read the value from the North Arrow block and scale the entire drawing accordingly. What am I missing?

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @jharmstrong, every feature should have the attributes to be set to the parameters in the Scaler. I suspect that only the the North Arrow block feature has the attributes and other features don't have.

If so, consider using the FeatureMerger to merge the attributes of the North Arrow to other features unconditionally.

1. Send all the features except the North Arrow to the Requestor port.
  2. Send the North Arrow to the Supplier port.
  3. In order to perform unconditional merging, set an identical constant value (e.g. 1) to the Join On parameter for both Requestor and Supplier.

Hi @jharmstrong, every feature should have the attributes to be set to the parameters in the Scaler. I suspect that only the the North Arrow block feature has the attributes and other features don't have.

If so, consider using the FeatureMerger to merge the attributes of the North Arrow to other features unconditionally.

1. Send all the features except the North Arrow to the Requestor port.
  2. Send the North Arrow to the Supplier port.
  3. In order to perform unconditional merging, set an identical constant value (e.g. 1) to the Join On parameter for both Requestor and Supplier.
Thank YOU!! that worked beautifully and I learned something. :-)