Question

Excel to ArcGIS Portal problems

• 14 April 2020
  • 0 replies

Hi all,

So this I thought would be a really simple task, but I am having issues bringing in an Excel spreadsheet into ArcGIS Portal. My end goal for this was to update an excel spreadsheet on our server, and get FME to send them changes through on a schedule to Portal, in turn updating a dashboard we have.

Bear with me as I have tried lots of different things but to no avail, this is what I tried in a nutshell:

Firstly I tried reading an excel spreadsheet, and then adding it as a new feature to Portal. The parameters I used were layer name as default and set geometry to arcgisonline_no_geom, as it isn't spatial data, and set writer mode to 'INSERT'.

The two tables (geodatabase and hosted table) gets added to my Portal, but there is no data there, if I click on data tab or fields it just says "error". Looking at the FME log the only warning which might be the cause is in relation to SSL certificate "SSL certificate verification failed for host... HTTPS connections may not be secure. Disabling verification of SSL certificates".

I then tried to firstly add the spreadsheet to Portal, and simply tried to update the now existing table, but this fails. The only warnings it mentions is that the two default attributes which I have in my table (Provider and Total) does not match any field on the corresponding layer/table. However the field names are exactly the same, as this is the table I uploaded to Portal in the first place?! So not sure how they can't be the same. So I tried manually joining the attributes to eachother (there were green anyway), but the result is the same. The settings I am using is layer name as default, and set geometry to arcgisonline_no_geom, and set writer mode to update and no truncate.

I noticed when adding table to Portal first it creates an objectid field, so I then tried adding this into my excel table, but it didn't make a difference.

Any ideas please of where I am going wrong. Not sure if I am doing the correct steps or if there is a better way to do this?

0 replies

Be the first to reply!