Question

?Conversion of BIM models to GIS

• 29 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Hello all

Am new this type of work(Conversion of BIM models in to GIS)

Hope ill get answer here...

Please look in to following work flow we are using

1. We are preparing BIM models in Revit

2.We are converting this BIM model data in to RVZ files by using FME converter.

3.We are converting this RVZ files in to GDB data

4.We are adding this GDB in to ARCGIS

This is work flow we are following

My problem is:

Parameters(Type and instance) seen in Revit project are different compared to GDB properties

For Example: single door

Parameters am seeing in Revit are not totally covered in GDB data and am getting extra properties in GDB data which are not in Revit.

So where Problem is happening in which conversion...

Please help me out from this issue..

Thanks a lot in advance.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Revit and Geodatabase have very different data and geometry structures, so there will be some differences between the source data and the output geometry.

Currently, it is not possible to automatically expose all the attributes read from the Revit data in the Data View, although they all attributes still all be read. As well, some attributes will be exposed that may not be on the features.

You can use an Inspector to view the feature types before writing to GDB, then add AttributeExposers to expose the attributes not exposed on the reader, and AttributeRemovers to remove the empty ones.

Revit and Geodatabase have very different data and geometry structures, so there will be some differences between the source data and the output geometry.

Currently, it is not possible to automatically expose all the attributes read from the Revit data in the Data View, although they all attributes still all be read. As well, some attributes will be exposed that may not be on the features.

You can use an Inspector to view the feature types before writing to GDB, then add AttributeExposers to expose the attributes not exposed on the reader, and AttributeRemovers to remove the empty ones.

Hello Dave

Thanks for your valuable replay

can you please elaborate working procedure with this tools because am beginner for this FME tools.

what are the steps to be followed ..

can you please help me..

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hello Dave

Thanks for your valuable replay

can you please elaborate working procedure with this tools because am beginner for this FME tools.

what are the steps to be followed ..

can you please help me..

Hi @chaitanya,

We have a recorded webinar that may be helpful which can viewed at:

https://www.safe.com/webinars/how-to-create-gis-and-bim-interoperability/