Question

FME 2019.1 will not read in all shapefiles nested in folders

• 25 September 2019
  • 2 replies

I am attempting to use FME Desktop 2019.1 to read in shapefiles that are nested in 8 different folders as part of my workflow and continue to receive the error that the file does not exist nor does the directory. However, if I run the exact same job in Desktop 2018.1 it works perfectly fine. FME 2019 seems to have an issue with wildcards because it will not work with reading in multiple .csv files that are nested in folders.

For example, D:\\Alpha\\Bravo\\Charlie\\Exploration\\**\\*.shp

All 8 folders reside in the Exploration top-level folder and contain shapefiles from various regions around the globe. 2018.1 works flawless with my current setup but when I try to run it in 2019 I receive the error:

Shape Reader: Failed to open dataset 'D:\\Alpha\\Bravo\\Charlie\\Exploration\\**\\*.shp' which is neither an existing file nor directory

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @garrett.baker,

I'm sorry, I was not able to reproduce the problem reading the multiple shapefiles in FME 2019.1. Would you mind posting a copy of your workspace, so that we may see the error in action?

Badge +21

Have you tried both the regular Shapefile-reader and the new Tech Preview (Shapefile) ?