Question

Is process still running?

• 30 August 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge

I have a process running for little over a week now, up to yesterday it was at about 50%. FME workbench was 'not responding' yesterday after I tried opening another workbench in a new window and it stayed that way until this morning. I seem to have now closed out my translation but can see that the memory usage is still the same for the fme.exe process. Is it that my process is still running and if so, how can I get to see the progress again in workbench? Or is it that I have to start again from scratch and have essentially lost once week of processing? HELP!

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Can you check the destination data? That's usually the best indication.

"Translation Succesful" (or Failed) may sometimes not be the ultimate end of it, e.g. if you're writing to a database it might still be busy indexing the data when FME is already done.

Badge

Can you check the destination data? That's usually the best indication.

"Translation Succesful" (or Failed) may sometimes not be the ultimate end of it, e.g. if you're writing to a database it might still be busy indexing the data when FME is already done.

It wouldn't have been completed. I am outputting to a single ECW file and nothing is written to the output folder as yet. I am trying to process almost 2000 images, and it took one week to get to 50%...I just dont want to kill the process if it is still running somehow but without being able to check it would be crazy to just sit on hope for another week hoping it is still running. Opening the same file in workbench doesn't indicate that there is a process running at the moment

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

It wouldn't have been completed. I am outputting to a single ECW file and nothing is written to the output folder as yet. I am trying to process almost 2000 images, and it took one week to get to 50%...I just dont want to kill the process if it is still running somehow but without being able to check it would be crazy to just sit on hope for another week hoping it is still running. Opening the same file in workbench doesn't indicate that there is a process running at the moment

What does the temp disk usage on that machine look like? If you're trying to mosaic 2000+ images into a single ECW I would imagine it's through the roof. That might also be an indication something is still running.

Badge

What does the temp disk usage on that machine look like? If you're trying to mosaic 2000+ images into a single ECW I would imagine it's through the roof. That might also be an indication something is still running.

Not much at the moment...

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Not much at the moment...

Any progress so far? I would personally try to run this with a smaller number of images first to get an idea of the time involved, which will help you determine whether or not things are going wrong.

Badge

Any progress so far? I would personally try to run this with a smaller number of images first to get an idea of the time involved, which will help you determine whether or not things are going wrong.

I had to kill the process and start all over again. I did have a smaller set of images processed before but was still seeking ways to speed up the process. My first set took just over 4 days and that was with just under 300 images. My current set is almost 1600 images, so...