Question

Filter features from color

• 28 November 2016
  • 3 replies

I have a GeoDatabase in which roofs and façades are defined by different appearance styles (diffuse color). I used the AppearanceExtractor and AttributeFilter to filter the data. I'd like to produce a CityGML file with the appropriate semantics, but if I connect the AttributeFilter output to the Writer the produced file does not contain any geometry but just the other GDB attributes. Any hints? Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

My guess is, as your source is also GDB, that the format attribute for the geodb geometry contains a null geometry. While writing the same format as reading FME will use the format attributes. To avoid this you can remove the format attributes of the geodb reader (FME will use the fme_ attributes instead in that case).

The BulkAttributeRemover (expression geodb*) can be used.

Hi @erik_jan,

I am actually trying to convert the GeoDB into a CityGML (or an OBJ) file.

I tried to use the BulkAttributeRemover but it does not help.However, it looks that the problem is actually due to null geometry produced by the Attribute Filter component.

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Hi @erik_jan,

I am actually trying to convert the GeoDB into a CityGML (or an OBJ) file.

I tried to use the BulkAttributeRemover but it does not help.However, it looks that the problem is actually due to null geometry produced by the Attribute Filter component.

Hi @perbeppo,

The easiest way of checking where you loose your geometries is adding some inspector transformers.