Question

Possible to read "Empty levels" from Microstation files?

Hi!

I have encountered some difficulties as I am trying to check whether certain microstation files contains empty levels.

I've studied the feature-reader for Microstation datasets, but I cannot find a way to read empty levels but only levels that has content within.

My hypothesis is that the feature reader outputs all the levels that is associated with a feature, and hence, misses the empty layers.

For Autocad files, I had the same issue initially. However that was solved by using a Schema (Any Format) - reader on the Autocad-file dataset and hence reading all the layers as fme-feature-types.

Any ideas?

3 replies

Badge +22

It may help to post an example dgn file with some empty levels.

Badge +2

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there is a way to do this at the moment. I think this is a great idea though, dgn levels should be read in similar to how dwg files read in all the layers (even if there are no features on the layer). Would you be able to share your suggestion on the Ideas page?

Badge +5

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there is a way to do this at the moment. I think this is a great idea though, dgn levels should be read in similar to how dwg files read in all the layers (even if there are no features on the layer). Would you be able to share your suggestion on the Ideas page?

Has this been solved yet. It appears this is still unable to be done?