Question

Download WFS data and save in local geodatabase folder

• 19 November 2013
  • 2 replies

Hi there,

I am new to FME and I have been assigned a project where I would like to download a changeset data from the WFS server (eg. land parcel data), extract the data, evaluate the change in data and update everyweek and save in the local geodatabase using FME. I am kind of lost, I would appreciate if anyone would direct me in the right direction or is there any samples or any related documents that would help me understand for  heads up?

Regards,

Subodh

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi,

if you're completely new to FME I'd strongly recommend doing an intro course before starting, so that you get started in the right direction.

If that is not possible, there are a lot of very good (and free) training material here: http://www.safe.com/learning/training/

For your question, I would first look at the WFS Reader and the ChangeDetector (and possibly also the Matcher) transformer.

David
Thank you so much David,

I am actually doing the tutorials, infact started today. I am now familiar with the terminology and was trying to picture myself the whole process rather than actually starting to create. I will definitely take your advise and polish myself first. Thank you once again.

Subodh