Question

Can't access Geomedia data from an Oracle Spatial table

• 19 November 2013
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

Been at this couple days and hoping someone have a sugguestion.  I created an Oracle spatial table and populated the Geomedia attributes ( geomedia_justifcation, geomedia_rotation, geomedia_txt_string, geomedia_type and geomedia_text_font_size). I am able to display the oracle table thru Geomedia as oriented text.  I am trying to  transform the Oracle table now to another spatial format.  Thru WB, all Geomedia attributes come up blank.  Any ideas.  Much appreciated.  Tim.

4 replies

Badge +10
Can you inspect the source table with the Data Inspector and see the attributes listed before doing anything with Workbench? Do you need to use an AttributeExposer to access the attributes?
Hi Dave,

I placed a inspector point between the reader and writer and it seem the source (Oracle Spatial) feature contains the Geomedia data

oracle_element(0).geomedia_rotation -1.4444

oracle_element(0).geomedia_text_string abcdef

oracle_element(0).geomedia_type geomedia_text

etc...

I exposed the attributes thru the AttributExposer and also from the feature properties.  

When I try to dump those values into a writer, it just contain blanks.  If there something need to be done to make the say Oracle_element(0).geomedia.rotation exposed?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Badge +10
It looks like your data is getting into a List somehow. The ListIndexer should allow you to demote element 0 of the list oracle_element to be normal feature attributes. Good luck.
Thanks for the sugguestion.  I'm going to try different ways to access the data.